Kusnassriyanto's Blog

Monday, May 30, 2005

Install Kylix

After sucessfully install Mandrake 10 and Open Office 2, I try to install Kylix 3 (30 day trial version). We have two option to install, as regular user or as root. The advantage of install as root is every user in my machine can run Kylix. I think there is no disadvantage. Of course you must have root access. Because I have root access to my machine, I install Kylix as root.

The Installation is so simple : run setup.sh, and the installer do almost everything we need. Almost ? Yes, because I have some problem after that. Thanks to Wawan Sj for his work around this.
Before we can use Kylix, we must have a trial license from this link, and copy the file we receive via email to our home directory.

The First problem
After I create new Application and drop a button (or other component), and I try to run my application. My Kylix hang.
The problem happen because Kylix Debugger fail on the version of kernel. To solve this problem, change the startdelphi shell script, add this line

export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.19

Run again the Kylix, create simple application, and run that application.

The Second problem
When I want to run my application directly (from terminal), I got this error message

./Project1: relocation error: ./Project1: undefined symbol: initPAnsiString

This error happend because the library needed cannot be accessed. To solve this problem, export the environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable before we run our application.

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/kylix3/bin

the /usr/local is the directory where kylix installed.

4 Comments:

At January 02, 2006 9:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mas Kus saya tertarik dengan kylix, tp sy kurang bahan untuk mempelajarinya, bisa kasih saya refernsi ga? kalo bisa yang indonesia. tolong balas ke japri di oyasuryana@gmail.com subject nya Kylix

Makasih...mas
oyasuryana-Kuningan_Jawa Barat
http://oya.uniku.ac.id

 
At February 16, 2006 11:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mas kus saya kok cari kylix susah sekali bisa kasih tau tidak dimana saya bisa mendapatkan kylix?

 
At February 16, 2006 11:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mas kus saya kok cari kylix susah sekali bisa kasih tau tidak dimana saya bisa mendapatkan kylix?tologn balas ke djun_248@yahoo.com. tolong ya mas saya lagi ingin sekali mencoba kylix, katanya sama seperti delphi 7

 
At October 12, 2006 3:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your post... it helps me today...

Fred, from France :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home